Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Wedding" Dresses for Less

Sorry for my tardy post! It’s springtime and my garden has been a-callin’.  I promised you some great, affordable “wedding” dresses and I intend to keep that promise!  Let’s go!


Yup, this one is from VICTORIA’S SECRET! Vicky actually has a lot of great white dresses right now that are priced just right for you gals that are eloping on a beach. This dress will only set you back about $70 big ones.



This adorable number would look just as gourg in your courthouse elopement or backyard elopement. It’s at Macy’s and it’s $99.



This darling dress I found in a place I’m sure you forgot to search for pretty and affordable white dresses. Can you guess? OVERSTOCK.COM! Not the first place I would think to look either, but alas, there she is. Scoop her up quick for $100.



And finally, for my retro bombshell beauties. This one fits in almost anywhere you wanna go? Eloping at the beach? In a park? In Vegas? This gal goes anywhere and I found this her at Unique Vintage for $84.

The great thing about all of these “wedding” dresses is that they are all gowns you could easily wear to another event so that you are getting all of your moneys worth.
Now, if you must have a “real” wedding dress but don’t want to pay the sickening bridal shop prices, consider buying used.  You can buy a used gown from sites like OnceWed or RecycledBride.  Ebay or Craigslist can also be good resources.  This will require a little research to be sure you know what you’re getting and a lot of patience.

And finally, if you must have a brand new “real” wedding dress, you can still save a little money.  Designer sample sales and trunk shows are going to be your friend.  At these events, gowns are usually marked down at least 10%, sometimes more if you’re lucky. Search bridal salon websites in your area to see when your favorite designer is coming and make your appointment promptly. In-demand designers can book up rather quickly and if you miss that appointment, you might be missing your opportunity to save a little bit o’ dough.

If you have other ideas you’d like to share on how to save money on great “wedding” dresses, please leave them in the comments. I’d love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. I promised you some great, affordable “wedding” dresses and I intend to keep that promise! Let’s go! Designer wedding dress

    ReplyDelete